Quebec global superstar Celine Dion posted a new video to her Instagram on Friday morning speaking directly to fans hoping to see her on her European tour.
Holding back tears and bowing her head at several points in the three-minute video, Celine confirms that her ongoing health issues that caused previous postponements have now resulted in further delays and some cancellations.
“Well, here we go again,” she begins. “I’m so sorry that we had to change our tour plans for Europe once again; first we had to move the shows due to the pandemic, now it’s my health issues that have forced us to postpone. some shows and unfortunately we have to cancel some too.
“The good news is that I’m doing a little better, but it’s going very slowly and it’s very frustrating for me,” she continued. “I’m being treated by my doctors and on medication, but I’m still having spasms and it’s taking me much longer to recover than I had hoped.
In January, the “My Heart Will Go On” singer revealed her decision to cancel the remainder of her North American tour due to her medical issues. Writing on her official website, she revealed that she suffered from “severe and persistent muscle spasms”.
This news came after she had already canceled and postponed much of the tour due to medical reasons.
She wrote on Instagram in October 2021, “Heartbroken. My team and I have been working on our new show for eight months, and not being able to open this November saddens me beyond words.”
She added: “Now I have to focus on my improvement…I want to get over this as soon as possible.”
Continuing in her IG video posted on Friday, she talked about her need to shoot full throttle during her tour, but her spasms took a toll on her health.
“I need to be in top shape when I’m on stage. Honestly, I can’t wait, but I’m not there yet,” she said.
Increasingly moved, she added, “I’m just telling you how I feel and I want you to know that I’m sorry about this news. I know you’ve all been waiting for the concerts for so long and I appreciate your loyalty. .”
“Now I’m convinced you should be so sick of it all and wait so long. But all I can say is that I’m doing my best to get back to the level I need to be so that I can give 100% to my shows because that’s what you deserve.
She ended the moving video with: “Thank you so much for the message of love and support you always send on my social networks, it means a lot to me. I also want to say that like all of you, I support the people from Ukraine and I hope and pray that this war will end soon, sending you all my love and prayers for peace. Hope to see you soon.
Celine’s own sister, Claudette Dion, has previously opened up about the “It’s All Coming Back To Me Now” singer’s ongoing health issues.
Speaking to TVA Nouvelles, a French-language Quebec news service, Claudette said in October: “She told me the scene had a steep slope when it was happening, which would cause her problems. muscles, legs and feet. As for her muscles, I know she had to exercise and stay in shape every day.”
Claudette added, “She always gives 110%, and I’m confident she’ll get over it and her body will get used to it. She’s got the mental toughness for it, and her body will get used to these big requirements.”
Fans show their support and love for the Canadian “I’m Alive” icon, writing on both Instagram and Twitter that her health always comes first, and they always support her.